Precautions to be taken during and after Kshara sutra treatment
PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN DURING AND AFTER KSHARA SUTRA TREATMENT
क्षार सूत्र चिकित्सा के समय व बाद में क्या क्या सावधानियाँ बरतें !!! हिंदी में पढने के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करें.
- Avoid straining during defecation: It has been observed that people suffering from anorectal diseases (Piles, Fissure in ano, Fistula in ano etc.) generally do excessive straining during the act of defecation. According to Ayurveda, the root cause of these diseases is ‘mandaagni’ (sluggish digestive fire) which ultimately leads to ‘kosthabaddhta’ (constipation). An individual with constipated bowels try to strain while passing stools to expel the faeces but ultimately it aggravates the symptoms like bleeding or pain etc.
Thus an individual (even the healthy one) should not strain much during defecation. A better way can be to drink 1 or 2 glasses of lukewarm water and go to toilet only when there is feeling of adequate pressure for defecation.
- Follow the dietary precautions: Take food items rich in fibres and easily digestible to avoid ‘mandaagni’ (sluggish digestive fire) and constipation. For more details kindly read the author’s blog on diet management for anorectal patients.
- Avoid prolonged sitting and/or standing. Be ambulatory. Do regular morning and/or evening walks. It promotes healing and leads to adequate drainage in fistula patients.
- Though kshara sutra procedure is a minimally invasive procedure, a few patients may feel some pain after kshara sutra treatment like felt in other surgical procedures. Such patients should;
- Maintain their mental strength, because just in a few days you are about to get rid of this disease permanently.
- Take painkillers after consulting their physician.
- Increase the frequency of sitz bath.
- Maintain proper hygiene of the anorectal region.
- Do the sitz bath with lukewarm decoction of ‘panchavalkal drugs’ regularly or as directed by your physician.
- Avoid alcohol, smoking, tobacco chewing, excess tea or coffee and excessive spicy or junk food items.
- Avoid sitting on two-wheelers like cycle/motor cycle etc.
- Avoid sexual intercourse during the kshara sutra therapy.
- Take the medicines prescribed by your physician regularly and follow the instructions given by him strictly.
AUTHOR: DR. NAVEEN CHAUHAN,
Consultant Ayurveda Physician & Proctologist,
SHRI DHANWANTARI CLINIC, Ghaziabad, India.
If you have any query, you may post your comment or e-mail the author at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for giving your valuable time to read this article. Please follow/like us on social networks.