ANAL FISSURE/FISSURE-IN-ANO – Causes, prevention and treatment as per ayurveda
ANAL FISSURE/FISSURE-IN-ANO – Causes, prevention and treatment
SURGEON CUM AYURVEDA PHYSICIAN
SPECIALIST IN FISTULA in ANO, PILES, FISSURE, PILONIDAL SINUS, ANO-RECTAL ABSCESSES
AROUND 10 YEARS OF CLINICAL EXPERIENCE IN AYURVEDA SURGICAL PROCEDURES
Anal fissure or Fissure-in-ano is a kind of longitudinal cut (linear ulcer) at the anal canal outer anterior and posterior margins (skin-lined part) which is formed when a person suffering from constipation passes hard stool with strain. It is extremely painful ano-rectal condition which lead sufferer into stress and anxiety. The person is so much distressed that he/she develops fear for passing stool. This tendency however adds to his problem as it further aggravates the problem of constipation.
- The anal canal always full of microorganisms i.e. it is always lodged with infection.
- The passage of hard stool during the act of defaecation prevents it from healing easily.
In acute stage the fissure is extremely painful and may bleed frequently but if ignored for a long time for more than 7-8 months, it gets partially healed up and a skin growth known as sentinel tag or sentinel pile surrounds it. This sentinel tag further hinder the complete healing of the underlying fissure or cut.
- People who have a habit of eating junk food and fast food with less dietery fibres.
- People who drink less fluids and water.
- People who do not exercise or walk and have sedentary lifestyle.
- Women during pregnency generally develop constipation and thus anal fissure is seen more in women than men.
- Taking adequate dietary fibers. Eat more vegetables, fruits and salad.
- Drink plenty of water and fluids but avoid much coffee and tea.
- Avoid straining during defaecation.
- Avoid excessive chillies and spices in food items.
- Avoid much of non-veg. food. Try to be vegetarian.
- Use of buttermilk (Lassi without butter) with a pinch of cumin powder and black salt keeps the digestion correct.
What is the treatment?
Thanks for patiently reading this article. I hope Fistula patients will be benefitted by these tips. If however, you still have any query/doubt regarding your disease, you can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
To know more about Fissure in Hindi read the following article
फिशर के बारे में हिंदी में जानने के लिए पढ़ें ये उपयोगी लेख : फिशर: कारण, लक्षण एवं आयुर्वेद चिकित्सा
Author: Dr. Naveen Chauhan
Consultant Ayurveda Physician and Kshar sutra Surgeon
Helplines: 9818069989, 7861888100