Advantages of Ayurveda Kshara sutra therapy over conventional surgery in Ano-rectal patients
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS OF KSHAR SUTRA THERAPY OVER CONVENTIONAL SURGERY IN ANORECTAL PATIENTS
Dr. Monica Sreshtha, MS (Ay)
Consultant Surgeon and Ayurveda Proctologist
- It is a simple, safe and sure treatment for fistula –in-ano (95-98% success rate)
- Ksharsutra is – chemical fistulectomy rather than surgical fistulectomy.
- It is a simple minimum invasive surgical technique.
- Recurrence is negligible (3-5%).
- Performed in Minor O.T. conditions.
- Only 30- 45 minutes is required for the procedure
- Hospital stay is usually minimum (5-6 hrs).
- Minimal bed rest is required after the procedure.
- No damage to anal sphincter and chances of incontinence is practically nil.
- It is an Ambulatory procedure, no hospitalization required.
- Only local/topical anesthesia required (generally). However sometimes no anesthesia at all is required.
- Usually no antibiotic coverage required.
- Patient can resume his / her daily routine within 3 to 5 days.
Most important benefit of Kshar Sutra Therapy over Modern Surgeries is that the muscles that supports the Anus and helps in controlling the bowel movements are not dissected and hence the possibility of Anal Incontinence (loss of power to hold stools) is not there.